External Corrosion Inspections
In Alaska, thousands of miles of insulated, above-ground flow lines and pipelines exist. Inundation of water through the external galvanized wrap can concentrate water at the insulation and pipe interface, causing severe external corrosion.
Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) Detection • External Corrosion of Buried Pipe • Cathodic Protection Systems
Our crews utilize state-of-the-art technology to locate, evaluate, and monitor this corrosion for our clients. For short runs or piping with a complex configuration, our highly portable CMOS C-arms can be fielded. Long runs can be inspected using our own wireless robotic crawlers and real time radiography. Production rates of 500 - 1000 feet per shift are achievable. For refineries, chemical plants, pulp and paper mills, or other industrial assets with insulated piping, our expert crews can aid your integrity management program. Using automated real time radiography systems and CMOS C-arms we can assess virtually any diameter pipe.
- Tangential radiography (TRT)
- Automated tangential radiography (ATRT)
- Real time radiography (RTR)
- Long-range ultrasonic inspection (Wavemaker)
- Insulated component testing (INCOTEST)
- Electromagnetic acoustic transducer (EMAT)
- Automated laser scanning
- Cathodic protection inspections and surveys
- Pit gauge and visual inspection (direct assessment)